At Saxon Way Primary School we pride ourselves in looking smart at all times by wearing a colourful, smart and comfortable uniform which follows the school’s uniform policy. We feel that it is a positive reinforcement outside the school that clearly represents how supportive pupils and parents are towards the school.
We believe that the wearing of uniform can reduce peer pressure and promotes a sense of community within the school.
We hope that all children will take a sense of pride in their appearance.
All children wear a uniform that is simple and available at most large stores. School sweatshirts, fleeces, polo shirts, hats, P.E. Shorts and Bags are available for purchase online.
- Grey or black skirts / pinafore dresses / trousers.
- Green School Sweatshirt with logo
- Plain white ‘Polo’ shirt
- Flat black shoes – Please note that children are not permitted to wear shoes that are not sturdy and safe eg flip flops.
- White, grey or black socks
- Grey, white, black tights
Summer uniform (optional)
- Light green check dress
- Grey trouser style shorts – Please note that sports shorts are not permitted
For Physical Education
- Black shadow stripe shorts
- Black joggers in winter for outdoor games (Years 3 – 6)
- Plain T-Shirt in team colours – (not the polo shirt worn for school)
- Plimsolls – for indoor PE
- Trainers in the juniors (years 3 – 6) – for outdoor games
- Long Hair must be tied back and no jewellery may be worn
- Earrings may not be worn for PE
- Simple wristwatches are permitted in the juniors (years 3 – 6) – but are brought to school at pupils’ own risk. They must be silent and named
- Pupils with pierced ears may wear one pair of small simple stud earrings. Pupils must be able to remove these independently in order that they can take part in PE
If anybody has difficulty complying with the uniform policy on medical or ethical grounds this should be referred to the headteacher.
ALL ARTICLES OF CLOTHING MUST BE CLEARLY LABELLED WITH THE CHILD’S NAME.
THE SCHOOL CANNOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOST ITEMS.